Place for discussions about the RX-8
wreeve
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black

she still works after a minor lay up!

Post by wreeve »

They are just a normal “modern” car. I’ve been daily driving it since March and parked it up the beginning of December. I wondered if she was going to start…but started fine, stone cold. Couldn’t have done that with the Triumph! I’ve stopped myself putting cold-weather tyres on her so I am forced to fix the BM but I seriously think you could actually live with an RX8 as an only car. A thought from “outside” the community which is insane!
She does take a longer crank to start from cold. This started with the colder plugs I fitted about 5k miles ago. I am going to go back to the next-one-hotter to see if the situation changes. Hot starts are identical on both plugs (on the first compression “stoke”). Strange as I thought the hotter plug was only beneficial for hot starts?

Surface rust on the brakes soon cleared up! LOL!
2022-01-07 08.13.59.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnj4FIO5c40

This little squeak on a cold start I suspect is an initial slip of the belts? It's not the air pump as that's quiet. I've noticed it before. Job for the summer I guess!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users thanked the author wreeve for the post:
GlowingBulb (Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:26 pm)